Saturday, September 20, 2008

DCNY votes for deposition

According to the roll call vote report, Bishop Skip Adams voted for the deposition of Bishop Duncan. I expected he would. After all, Adams is not one to stand out from the crowd. Of course he voted for the unlawful deposition.

When our parish was part of the DCNY Bishop Adams would tell us how he is traditional in beliefs. We knew this wasn't true based on his appointments, particularly to the human sexuality task force. We saw his traditional beliefs when he didn't permit Bp. Duncan to preach in our church saying that the bishop was "controversial." Never mind that Adams had Marcus Borg, a notorious heretic, speak to the clergy of the DCNY.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I served under (the then Rev.) Skip Adams for a short time in Virginia, and his (apparent) orthodoxy was one of the major influences on my moving from a "Full-Gospel" church and becoming an Episcopalian shortly thereafter. Having seen his on-going votes and statements along with other bishops that I have known and trusted, I now have to seriously wonder if I was actually led into deception....

How sad...