Wednesday, November 20, 2013



Concerning the Ordination of Women: Preliminaries

By William Witt
http://willgwitt.org/theology/concerning-the-ordination-of-women/
November 2013

The following is the first in what I hope will be a series of posts on the question of women's ordination. This is something that I have not addressed on my blog up to this point, for a number of reasons. Most of what I write, I hope to be in the flavor of what C.S. Lewis called "mere Christianity." I prefer to be an apologist for Evangelical Catholic theology from an Anglican perspective. Theologically, my approach tends to be ecumenical, looking for areas of agreement and consensus among orthodox Christians. On the occasions where I have ventured into polemics, it has been in response to the challenges of those who reject this perspective. So I have consistently written against liberal Protestantism, which I think is the great heresy in the church today. I have engaged in argument against those who have challenged the catholicity of Anglicanism on such questions as the development of doctrine. But there are some issues on which I have not written precisely because I have preferred to avoid the kinds of heated polemics that these issues raise. I have not yet written on Christianity and politics. I have not written on women's ordination.

Read the full story at www.VirtueOnline.org

No comments: