Monday, February 03, 2014



IRELAND: Can we have a respectful debate on same-sex marriage? I don't think so

By David Quinn
Irish Independent
http://www.independent.ie/opinion/
January 31, 2014

Is it possible to have a calm and respectful debate about same-sex marriage? It would appear not. On Monday, The Iona Institute (which I head) received an email which advised: "If you're reading this, kill yourself. End your shitty existence on this planet and let humankind move on from your bigoted, homophobic and sexist bullshit."

A foam-flecked paragraph later he continued: "Please don't take what I said lightly. End your life... I will put it to you this way, if I had met anyone from your 'institute' I would not think twice about kicking their f***ing face in... I hope you die a horrible death."

I mentioned this email in a tweet and the general reaction on Twitter was that we deserved it.

Read the full story at www.VirtueOnline.org

No comments: