Thursday, April 24, 2014



Stop Twisting the Bible … to Make it Fit Same-Sex Marriage

By Gary DeMar
http://americanvision.org
April 23, 2014

I love a challenge. I’m competitive by nature. I hate to lose. Having made an admission of my competitive nature, it’s more important to get the facts straight than to manipulate the facts so you can be right.

So when I saw the headline that there is no message against same-sex marriage in the Bible, I felt a challenge coming on. Has somebody come up with an argument I’ve never encountered? I’ve read all the arguments pro and con, did I miss something?

Michael Brown writes, “As I note in my book [Can You Be Gay and Christian?: Responding With Love and Truth to Questions About Homosexuality], there are ‘no new textual, archeological, sociological, anthropological, or philological discoveries [that] have been made in the last fifty years that would cause us to read any of these biblical texts differently.’”

Read the full story at www.VirtueOnline.org

No comments: