Friday, May 02, 2014



Dobson noted Alan Sears of the Alliance Defending Freedom, which handled the legal work for his ministry, called it one of the most significant religious liberty cases in American history, because never before has a citizen been required by a chief executive to take the life of another human being.”
He then recalled what he had written in a commentary about the issue.
“I believe in the rule of law, and it has been my practice since I was in college to respect and honor those in authority over us. It is my desire to do so now. However, this assault on the sanctity of human life takes me where I cannot go. I WILL NOT pay the surcharge for abortion services. The amount of the surcharge is irrelevant. To pay one cent for the killing of babies is egregious to me, and I will do all I can to correct a government that lies to me about its intentions and then tries to coerce my acquiescence with extortion. It would be a violation of my most deeply held convictions to disobey what I consider to be the principles in Scripture. The Creator will not hold us guiltless if we turn a deaf ear to the cries of His innocent babies. So come and get me if you must, Mr. President. I will not bow before your wicked regulation.”
The entire article can be read here

No comments: