Wednesday, December 14, 2011


View from the Pew of AMIA - Christ is Still the King

View from the Pew of AMIA - Christ is Still the King

By Henry P. Wall
Special to Virtueonline
www.virtueonline.org
December 14, 2011

As a six year member of the Anglican Mission, I remain confused and saddened by the recent divisions in our leadership. To put the matter in context here in Columbia S.C., our congregation had just completed a very ambitious building project when the week before our opening celebration we learned that our Bishop Glenn had resigned. To his Credit and our delight, Terrell did celebrate the opening of our church building with us and shared our joy on "Christ the King" Sunday, but, of course, a few short weeks later we all learned that Bishop Murphy and several others had apparently decided to go too, though it is not at all certain exactly where they are going and who may be following. As these events unfolded, I found myself, a cradle Episcopalian who left the national church over the issue of poor leadership, particularly within the House of Bishops, wondering indeed whether I had been duped by a brand of even worse leadership, and to use a bad, morbid, modern analogy, whether I "drank the kool-aid", indeed, had I distributed the kool-aid to others, my family, my friends?

Read the full story at www.VirtueOnline.org

No comments: