Monday, February 13, 2012


A JOURNEY, NOT A DESTINATION

Homosexual Episcopal Bishop Gene Robinson, who is a homosexual, was homosexually in Charlotte, North Carolina recently and homosexually informed his audience that it’s no longer sufficient for Christians merely to homosexually change the subject when the topic of who boinks who homosexually comes up:

Robinson…called on the 300 people in the pews before him to work harder to integrate gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender people into their spiritual lives.


He named his sermon, “Hospitality ain’t enough.”


“It’s not bad as far as it goes. Tolerance is better than intolerance, but it’s not near enough,” he said. 


“It’s not near as good as affirmation, respect and embrace. It stops short of where we need to be, where we need to go.”

What do you mean “we,” cupcake?

One Sunday morning at adult ed, during a discussion of sexual relations, say, a friend of yours stands up and informs the assemblage that he or she and his or her husband, wife, boyfriend, girlfriend or some combination or multiples of any of the above really enjoy [INSERT PARTICULARLY, UM, INTERESTING VARIATION OF SEX HERE].

Not only does your friend really enjoy [INSERT PARTICULARLY, UM, INTERESTING VARIATION OF SEX HERE] on a regular basis, he or she also demands that all of you unquestioningly and wholeheartedly accept [INSERT PARTICULARLY, UM, INTERESTING VARIATION OF SEX HERE], something you consider weird at best and sick at worst.

How do you react?

I don’t know about you but this is how I’d react.  First I’d tell my friend that I REALLY didn’t need to know that.  Secondly, I’d inform my friend that while I did not care even a little bit what he or she did in his or her off hours, the idea that I had to accept it as natural and normal was a tad presumptuous on my friend’s part.

After all, I’d conclude, Jesus never said anything about enthusiastically embracing [INSERT PARTICULARLY, UM, INTERESTING VARIATION OF SEX HERE].

No comments: