Saturday, July 28, 2012


UNFORGIVABLE SIN

The Episcopal Organization really does have only one sin left.  In 2003, Jake Owensby had just been called to be the rector of Emmanuel, the Webster Groves Episcopal parish I grew up in.  He’d been on the job a little more than a month when everything exploded and I decided that I couldn’t be an Episcopalian anymore.  I scarcely knew him at all but he’s one of the reasons that I wish I’d stuck around a little bit longer.

Anyway, Jake just got consecrated as the new Bishop of Western Louisiana.  Here are the  first two comments to the ENS story about it.  The first is from Bruce Gardner.


The episcopal honeymoon seems remarkably short. The new bishop posted this the first day on the job:


“Finally, General Convention approved provisional rites for the blessing of same-sex unions with the permission of the diocesan bishop. As your bishop I do not authorize use of these rites in this diocese.”

Someone named Ginger Paul wrote this.


I am so sad. The great celebration really led backward. I can’t tell you how much I am thankful for the majority of our great church.

The Metropolitan Community Church might as well close up shop.  There’s no longer any reason for it to exist.

No comments: